ASSOCIATION CONTACT — Arkansas Fur Trappers Association, P.O. Box 1681, Greenwood, AR 72936; 479-651-3597; email@example.com
President — Brad McDaniel; 479-651-3597
Vice President — Greg Griffith; 479-774-1434
Secretary/Treasurer — Mark Alexander; 479-310-0692;
General Organizer — Donald Wilcox; 479-997-8559
• Individual membership without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $10
• Individual membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $22
• Family membership without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $13
• Family membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $25
• Lifetime membership with plaque (without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller) — $100
• Commercial membership/sponsorship — Please contact an AFTA officer for pricing and information.
Complete membership application on first page of association section and send dues to:
Arkansas Fur Trappers Association
P.O. Box 1681
Greenwood, AR 72936
So that about wraps up the 2013-2014 fur trapping season in Arkansas. Sure was one for the record books as far as temperatures, ice and snow. Who would have thought painting footholds traps white would be a good idea in Arkansas? Might just paint one white now so I don’t forget what this winter was like. Fair chance next winter will be just as cold.
NAFA has revised their auction dates for this year so anyone selling their fur direct will want to check their new schedule. The April/May auction has been pushed to mid-May and June/July auction has been moved to September. Results of the Feb 2014 sale can be found on NAFA website and is also posted on the Arkansas Fur Trappers website.
AFTA will have a table at the Hell On The Border Gun and Knife Show, April 12/13 in Fort Smith, AR at Kay Rodgers Park. That Saturday night (4/12) there will be a PBR Rodeo at the same location. Marshals Rooster Cogburn and Bass Reeves will be there keeping the peace. Stop by the fur table and say Hi, checkout the guns and supplies, and watch some bull riding. Should be a great weekend.
Off to read back issues and all the under ice beaver trapping articles that I skipped. See ya next month — Mark Alexander