ASSOCIATION CONTACT — Arkansas Fur Trappers Association, P.O. Box 1681, Greenwood, AR 72936; 479-651-3597; firstname.lastname@example.org
President — Brad McDaniel; 479-651-3597
Vice President — Greg Griffith; 479-774-1434
Secretary/Treasurer — Mark Alexander; 479-310-0692; email@example.com
General Organizer — Donald Wilcox; 479-997-8559
• Individual membership without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $10
• Individual membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $22
• Family membership without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $13
• Family membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $25
• Lifetime membership with plaque (without subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller) — $100
• Commercial membership/sponsorship — Please contact an AFTA officer for pricing and information.
Complete membership application on first page of association section and send dues to:
Arkansas Fur Trappers Association
P.O. Box 1681
Greenwood, AR 72936
So what kind of trapping can you do in the summer? Fish trapping. And what do you do with the catch? Have a fish fry! Which is what the Mulberry Chapter did last month to close out the season and start the summer break. Everyone had their fill of fish, hushpuppies, tater wedges, slaw, beans, sweet tea and then pies for dessert. Big thanks to Bill C for supplying the fish and Derek O for supplying the sides.
Plans are in the works for a convention and workshop, on separate weekends in October. More details will be available next month but for now, the workshop location will be Janet Huckabee Nature Center in Fort Smith and convention site will be near Blue Mountain Lake and Mount Magazine. Hope to see you there!
Just a reminder that all hunting and trapping licenses expired June 30th. In the past licenses were good for one year from the time of purchase. Now all licenses expire on June 30th no matter when you bought it. Fishing licenses are still good for one year from the date you bought the license. The price of resident licenses are the same as last year.
Have a great summer! — Mark Alexander