President — Al LaFrance
Vice President — Ed Wright
Treasurer — Tim Evans
Secretary — Rich Palmer
Minutes of Meeting
February 13, 2011
12 Members present
• The Pledge of Allegiance was said.
• Minutes of last meeting were read and accepted.
• Treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
• The club did very well at the Northeast Sports show, a lot of tickets and fur was sold. Thanks to all that helped.
• Al read his letters to and from the Trapper & Predator Caller along with the Trappers Post in regards to our newsletters. Both are willing to submit your newsletters if we are willing to offer their magazines as subscriptions to our members. We are now offering the Trapper & Predator Caller with your membership renewal, $32 with subscription, $20 without.
• Al talked to Tom Gebo about getting more fur, Tom will send what he can. His cupboard is getting empty and pickings are slim.
• The members voted to have a Spring Turkey Hunt Contest. Watch next month for entry form.
• Al said the Harrisburg Sports Show was well attended again but there were more empty booths than normal, is it the economy or the price for the booth space? Can’t keep raising prices and expect people to keep paying it.
• Keith offered to buy the Bob Evans Memorial coyote hunt plaque, Thanks Keith, that’s very generous.
• Gary offered to be our Onondaga County Federation representative, Thanks Gary. Anyone offer to be a backup? We also paid the dues for that organization.
• Jim Ward donated a coyote, red fox, and a raccoon for the French Fort, Thanks Jim. Nice to see you at the meeting.
• Jim Ward won the trap (see it pays to come to the meetings) and Mike Kraus won the hat.
• Tim gave us Madison County updates, Thanks Tim.
DATES TO REMEMBER
• Feb. 25th & 26th – NYSWMA seminar at the Owego Treadway Inn, contact Dale at Stockton@stny.rr.com
• April 2nd – Fur Sale at the Pompey Rod & Gun Club, starts at 8am. Help is needed!
• April 16th – Trapper Training class, Nedrow Sportsmen Club, 8am-4pm. Rte. 20 at LaFayette, west 9 miles, on the left side.
• May 1st – Spring Banquet at Als Village Diner in E. Syr., 4-7pm. We need nominations for Trapper of The Year, and Trapper Hall of Fame. Call Al LaFrance at 682-2050. Please call Al Burns for reservations for dinner at 633-2030.
• THE NEXT MEETING IS: March 13th, 2011 at 1pm. Gate is only open from 12:30-1pm. After that you must walk in to the clubhouse.