Minnesota Trappers Association June-July 2010 Report

President — Shawn Johnson, 6122 McQuade Road, Duluth, Mn 55804; phone: 218-525-4970; e-mail: mcquaderoadfur@msn.com

Vice President — Dave D’Aigle, 29765 Holly St NW, Isanti, MN 55040; phone: 612-366-2748

Secretary — Linda Salo, 5927 McNiven Road, Chisholm, MN 55719; phone: 218-254-3213; e-mail: linda.salo@mwcradio.com

Treasurer — Tricia Coons, 8747 Tranquility Ln. NW, Bemidji, MN 56601; phone: 218-444-8244; e-mail: MTATrish@paulbunyan.net

Membership Coordinator — Kathy Peterson, 57124 Cty Rd., Northhome, MN 56661; phone: 218-659-4535; e-mail: kpeterso@paulbunyan.net

Director of Trapper Education — Deb Offerdahl, 14788 Lynx Rd., Milaca, MN 56353; phone: 320-983-6023

NTA Director — Wayne Thom, 173 Prairie Lake Rd., Wright, MN 55798; phone: 218-644-3593; cell: 218-390-7201; e-mail: wlthom@frontiernet.net

Education Coordinator — Shawn Johnson, 6122 McQuade Road, Duluth, MN 55804; phone: 218-525-4970; e-mail: mcquaderoadfur@msn.com

Membership Options:
• Individual membership including subscription to The Trapper & Predator Caller — $25
• Junior (under 16) with subscription — $15
• Lifetime membership with subscription — $400

Complete membership application on first page of
association section and send dues to:
MTA, Membership Coordinator
Kathy Peterson
57124 Cty Rd., Northhome, MN 56661

PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Greetings Trappers, Combined issues can be frustrating.
Attempting to keep the information current and relevant with a one month delay in publication is difficult enough- but two month lag? Such is the situation with “combined” summer issues – I’ll do my best here folks.

Rich Raeker
First of all I have the unpleasant task of announcing the death of a dear friend to the MTA – Rich Raeker of Melrose.

As many of you know, Rich served as Secretary/Treasurer of the MTA for more than twenty years and “retired” from the Board only a handful of years ago. Our collective prayers go out to Rich’s wife Linda and their family. Please continue in prayer for this family as they mourn their great loss. Those that didn’t have the pleasure of knowing Rich, I encourage you to read a further tribute to this man in the upcoming issue of our own MTA Newsletter magazine. Rich had a great deal too with the transformation of our official publication from newsprint to the outstanding quality magazine it is today as well.

Fur Prices
It appears that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel regarding fur prices- at least for the time being. Most that sold furs early on pulled stakes early and ultimately regretted doing so when muskrat prices shot up.

As District One’s new co director Frank Brula is so fond of preaching, it might be in a trappers best interest financially to advertise poor fur prices with the same enthusiasm that we advertised the climb in fur prices back in “06. No doubt word will get around that rats went up significantly by the time next fall’s season approaches and many more rats will be hitting the market. Here’s hoping that the demand will still convince the buyers to “dig deep”- only time will tell.

A Concurrent Beaver and Otter Season?
At this time it appears that the MTA will be abandoning the venture to run beaver and otter season concurrently as approved by the membership at the General Membership Meeting at the Chisholm convention.

However when the membership was made aware that the beaver/otter season would likely go no later than the end of April and possibly as early as a the end of March, district after district have voted to abandon the Rule change endeavor beginning with District One where this move originated in the first place. I have a great deal to say about this development that will be covered in more depth in the Newsletter magazine soon.

Limit Species Validation
Thus far every district reporting has approved the DNR’s proposal to create a new user friendly limit species validation tool for fisher/marten/otters that will likely include bobcats as well. Further information will follow in the MTA Newsletter magazine.

At the Legislature
For those who are unaware, a move was made at the legislature to support the creation of a new law which would open the mink, muskrat, beaver and otter seasons in the Forest Zone on the third Saturday in October permanently. This move was supported by individuals and not by the MTA. As a matter of fact, a similarly worded proposal was defeated at the Chisholm convention by the General Membership. Although this might sound good on the surface of it, this move would result in the “water” opener falling on Oct. 15 two out of the next seven years!

I’ve heard gripes from some individuals that lament the fact that some trappers take advantage of the split opener certain years and move north to trap a week before their season opens. I wonder how those same individuals would react should this bill become law and those same migrant trappers have the opportunity to trap for substantially longer periods before their home openers?

Coupled with this move was a bill that would require ALL otters and muskrats taken during the beaver season (not just the spring) be reported to the the DNR and turned over to the MTA. The proceeds of the sale of the pelts would be earmarked for the Association’s education program.

Again, this move was and is not supported by the MTA. Any good intentions by it’s Author aside, this bill in it’s current form would result in a nightmare.

I am hopeful that we will be able to remedy this unfortunate situation before it’s too late.
For further information on these bills, please consult the MTA website at www.mntrappers.org.
I’ll have more to say about this issue in the upcoming Newsletter as well.

Trout Stream Restoration and Beaver Control
I’m pleased to report that Deputy Director of DNR Fish and Wildlife Ed Boggess has delivered on his promise to provide detailed information on several of the “restoration projects” we asked about at the MTA’s meeting with him in St. Paul this winter. There is much information here and those who would like to have a copy please contact me and I’ll see that your receive one.

This is a solid starting point for the MTA and our interests to have a place at the table during the planning and implementation of these proposed projects in the future. I am assured that our interests will be seriously considered in the future.
Details will continue to follow over the coming months there is much work left to be done.

Annual Gun Raffle
Gary reports that the raffle is going well despite these difficult economic times and would like to say a few words regarding our incentive program.

From Gary Meis Raffle Chair- To those members who have bought or sold incentive raffle tickets please be sure to attend the convention or make arrangements to have your incentive prize(s) picked up. Remember, effective this year the MTA has decided due to the high cost of postage in mailing out incentive gifts that said gifts must be picked up at the convention or arrangements must be made to have another person pick them up for you.

Award Nominations?
The Barnum convention will be right around the corner make plans to attend. Nominations for Trapper of the Year, Lady Trapper of the Year, Junior Trapper of the Year etc. are now being accepted. If you know a deserving individual that you would like honored at our convention please see that those nominations are in my possession as soon as possible. Please don’t wait until the last minute.
Till then. Keep your skinning knives sharp. — Shawn Johnson

DIRECTOR OF TRAPPER EDUCATION REPORT
Greetings to all,
I hope everyone had a successful trapping season and were satisfied with the fur prices. It seems that prices were not as bad as some had predicted. As I believe it was said not too long ago..we need to ‘ride out the storm’ and hopefully fur prices will rise once again.

It is with great sadness that we have said good bye to a fellow trapper and friend. Richard Raeker, who was our Secretary/Treasurer for 21 years, recently passed away. He will be greatly missed by the trapping community. My thoughts and prayers to his wife and family.

I have a few reminders for everyone :
— Scholarship applications MUST BE postmarked by JULY 1st . All winners of scholarships will be announced at the general meeting at the summer convention .

— Youth Photo Contest : PLEASE have your entries to the convention NO LATER than NOON ON FRIDAY, July 30th . THis is so photo’s can be seen and voted on by the membership.

— Instructor class : will be held on FridayJuly 30th from 10 am – 12 . Please pre-register with me by July 26th. This is to ensure I have enough materials for all who are attending the class.

— Raffle : Remember to sell your tickets as all the proceeds from the raffle go to fund the Education program. AND for those of you that have earned incentive traps for selling raffle tickets..you either need to pick up your traps at the convention,OR arrange for a buddy to pick up your incentive traps.This is due to the high cost of postage in mailing out the traps.

— Instructors: Since the cost of postage will continually go up..if you know you will be holding a class this fall .Please let me know and I can bring the materials you need to the summer convention. Or let your district director know and I can get them the materials at the fall board meeting. Anything we can do to help defray the cost of postage, is greatly appreciated.

And last but not least…I would like to thank Jerry Larson, Tim Parker, Mike Flanagan and Pete Jonas for attending the USSA event at Camp Ripley. Despite the pouring rain, they were able to educate some of the 300 boyscouts that were at the event.
Thank you and have a great spring! — Deb Offerdahl

NTA DIRECTOR’S REPORT
It is with a sad heart that I tell you that long time MN Trappers Association Secretary-Treasurer Richard Raeker passed away on April 17, 2010. Richard was the voice of the MN Trappers Association for 21 years. He will be missed by all of us. To his family, our hearts go out to them in their loss.

On March 13, 2010, I went to Normal, IL to the NTA Regional Leadership Conference. This was attended by most of the Midwest NTA Directors. President Kaatz asked all Directors to keep the NTA informed and involved in any State legislative agendas that may be detrimental to trapping. New NTA legislative DNIA, Dave Linkhard, is available to any State that needs help.

President Kaatz asked the NTA Directors to share information from the NTA in our Board mailings to each States’ members. President Kaatz gave recognition and thanks to me for sharing the NTA Board information with our MTA members. He commented about our MTA newsletter and how outstanding it was. I had brought 75 copies of our MTA Newsletter with me to hand out to all attendees. The NTA Director from Missouri took the remaining ones to share among his State’s members.

President Kaatz asked each of the Directors to “remind our officers, directors and members to be very careful as to how they use the different forums and YouTube. Trappers have been taking photos and or video of various occurrences on the trap line and then posting them. Once these items are posted they become a public commodity.

Although these items are of great interest to trappers they can or may offend members of the general public. It has been brought to our attention that these items are now showing up on the anti’s websites or being viewed with terribly negative comments being posted. Some of the stuff being posted has other sportsmen disgusted and we need to be more thoughtful before we put things out there that could give trapping a black eye.”

John Daniels, NTA General Organizer, has asked each Director to report their State’s activities to the NTA office at the end of each month. This would include any legislative action, County Fair booths worked, Boy Scout activities or anything that our members do to promote trapping in Minnesota. I would like any of our members who teach a class or do any of the above to email this information to me at wlthom@frontiernet.net. I will pass this on to the NTA office. John will be meeting with the NTA Directors just before the National Convention which starts Aug 4 – 8, 2010 at Marshfield, WI. As the National Convention is in our neighboring State, I hope all of you can attend.

Dave Roberts, NTA Office Manager, reported on several fundraisers. We had profits from our 2009 Holiday Fund Raiser. The 2009 sweepstakes cleared $25,291. In Sept, NTA mailed 6,500 membership flyers advertising discounted 50th anniversary items and old demo DVD’s. The result was $6,638 net profit. The 2010 Cash Calendar to date has cleared $21,675.00. This is $6,300 lower than last year – this shows people have less disposable income. Our latest NTA fundraiser “Born to Trap” was mailed in February to 7,100 addresses. For $50 donation you receive a cap embroidered “Born to Trap”. For a $20 donation you will receive two can-huggies. An incentive for new members is getting 1 can-huggie.

Last year, we received $35,000 in a special funding grant from the IFTF. This money was used to help pay attorney expenses in the Maine lawsuit. Dave and President Kaatz have applied for a $46,000 grant. Through Dave’s 2009 work soliciting bids for our professional and general liability and Worker’s Comp insurance, we saved around $4,000. We were also briefed on all other financial reports. It was a very full Regional meeting.

Jenny Hollars, who manages the NTA website, will be adding weekly updates. The NTA office under Dave’s guidance is in very good hands.

In the spring American Trapper magazine, President Kaatz asks all NTA members to keep your NTA Director informed and make sure he/she gets information back to you. If you would like more information from me, let me know or call me any night after 9:30 p.m.

This spring trapping season was very slow – the beaver just didn’t move much mainly because we had very little rain. The good news was every beaver I caught was worth $2.50 more than the ones I sold in March 2010. It looks like fur prices may be up as not too many spring beaver were caught. I received a call from Mike, a friend of mine, who caught 349 beavers this spring with his family. Either he worked hard from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. or the beaver in his area really moved. Good going Mike!

I will see all of you in Barnum for the MTA convention on July 29-August 1, 2010. Check the June MTA newsletter for a schedule of when each District works the gate and MTA Booth. Even though I’m Co-director of District 4, I will spend most of my time at the NTA booth. If any members can spare some time at the convention and work my NTA booth, I can work the main gate or the MTA booth.
I hope to see all of you in Barnum. — Wayne Thom

EDUCATION COORDINATOR’S REPORT
Greetings Trappers,
Finally there has been a slowing of demand on the Education front as most of those who intended to trap beaver this spring have either received their certification or are waiting until the end of the summer to do so. Thanks go out to all those who hosted classes this spring. Kindly remember to send Deb Offerdahl a copy of your expenses for hosting these classes so they can be accurately recorded. This is vitally important that we keep accurate numbers of our Education spending in order to maintain our ability to generate funds for our education projects through our Gun Raffle fundraiser.

Speaking of the Raffle:
From Gary Meis Raffle Chair- To those members who have bought or sold incentive raffle tickets please be sure to attend the convention or make arrangements to have your incentive prize(s) picked up. Remember, effective this year the MTA has decided due to the high cost of postage in mailing out incentive gifts that said gifts must be picked up at the convention or arrangements must be made to have another person pick them up for you.

To those that have hosted classes, please return those registration forms to me as soon as you can so I can submit the names to the DNR.

The summer will quickly pass and I encourage all instructors to consider hosting a class later in the summer as fall approaches. When temperatures begin to cool, young people begin to think about the woods again after and activity filled summer and your classes become that much more critical the closer we get to the opening of trapping season.

If you’d like further information on hosting a class, please feel free to contact me for more information.
I hosted a very successful class this past spring and the enthusiasm of some of these students both young and old was extremely gratifying. A special thank you to Jim Tonkin of French River, Bert Highland from Brimson and Bill Brown from Fredenberg for assisting particularly with the field day activities and fur handling portions of the class.

I have a story or two to tell about this spring’s class in an upcoming article for the Newsletter that you’ll probably want to read.

I hesitate to say too much here to give away the plot but I’ll give you some food for thought…
Ted Kaczynski – trapping instructor.

I’d also like to thank Gerald Schmitt from Schmitt Enterprises for his VERY generous donation of Ron Hauser’s trapping videos to give to graduates of the trapper education program.
I fear that the UPS deliveryman may need to spend some time at the chiropractor after completing his route today.

Please take any opportunity to thank Gerald and Ron for their commitment to the future.
Keep your skinning knives sharp- We’ll see you in Barnum! — Shawn Johnson

DISTRICT 1 REPORT
It’s April 5 as I’m starting to write this and the beaver are moving up north. What a spring we’re having! But guess where I am? A hotel room in Fond du Lac, Wisc. for a week long training class. It hasn’t stopped raining and snowing since I got here. My wife tells me still not a drop of moisture back home which is seven hours away from here.

When I get back from here on Sat. I’ll be going to President Shawn Johnson’s home to do a beaver handling demo for his annual trapper education class. Shawn puts on a really good class and it’s nice to see so much excitement from the kids and parents chomping at the bit to go trapping. Now all I have to do is get home early enough on Friday set a few traps and hopefully have a beaver to skin. It’s going to be real embarrassing if I don’t!

District 1 had their spring meeting March 6 in Hibbing and everything went well. I’ll have a detailed report on that in our newsletter or should I say magazine. Kathy does a great job, compliment her whenever you can!

On Sat. April 24 me along with my co-directors and other district members will be going on a field trip to the Dark River north of Chisholm. This is one of the watersheds DNR fisheries wants the beaver removed from to supposedly enhance it for trout. This stream along with 200 sq. miles of the Knife River watershed, the lower Cloquet river, and others are being trapped all summer long to rid them of beaver and beaver dams.

I always thought water meant life and with the removal of beaver and the destruction of their dams we are destroying the habitat for everything from ducks to moose. I’m confident your MTA and the DNR can come up with a more common sense way of managing these waters. Minnesota DNR is once again asking the USFWS to de-list the gray wolf.

Populations are very high, their range is expanding, and wolf/human encounters are increasing. Many of the wolves I see now have mange in various stages. I hope common sense prevails here to-maybe someday we can have a limited harvest and bring their numbers under control. But I’m sure the anti-use groups will sue the USFWS again. It’s to bad they can’t see beyond their non-use versus wise-use mentality. All they are doing is hurting the wolf population and making sound wildlife management practices take the back seat.

I’ll be back home next week hopefully trapping a few more beaver, but guess what? The week after I’ll be in Hayward, Wisc. for another week of training-those beaver are sure getting a rest from me this spring! Coming up fast will be our 51 annual convention Barnum July 30 thru Aug. 1. District 1 will have a short meeting at 8 a.m. on Sat. July 31 in the grandstands. I need volunteers for gate duty on July 30 from 6:45 P.M. to 10 p.m. and MTA booth duty Sunday Aug. 1 from 8 a.m. to noon.

Please contact me Arnie or Frank if you can help out. Also as a reminder to everyone who sells raffle tickets, you must pick-up your incentive prizes at the convention. Due to the high cost of postage MTA will not be mailing out incentive traps, so plan on picking them up there or have someone pick them up for you.

On a sad note I was just informed that our past sec/treas. Richard Raeker has passed away. My condolences go out to his family. The MTA has never had a more dedicated and hard working individual! He will be greatly missed.

In closing I’d like to encourage anyone who hasn’t to join the NTA and FTA, these two groups are working hard everyday to protect our trapping rights, please support them.
Have a great summer. — Bert

DISTRICT 4 REPORT
Greetings District 4,
By the time you read this beaver trapping will have ended. I can’t remember a year in my part of Minnesota where we have had 8 weeks of open water trapping. We had our District Meeting March 6th in Brainerd on a Friday evening, had a full house 61 members. Looks like I will have to find a bigger venue for our next meeting.

New Business Discussed
1. The DNR wants support to bring back site validation tagging no attaching to animal. But, better control of resource. Membership voted in support possibly will be implemented 2011.
2. It has been proposed to lengthen otter season to March 30th with restrictions such as shortening Beaver season to April 30th or earlier our District vote this down.

If you have any concerns on these items send your comments to Con Christenson, Legislative Liaison.
Information only DNR is discussing letting us keep up to 10 muskrat during spring season with trap restriction size. No decision yet, a couple requests from District 5. 1.) Consider raising snare height to 20”. 2.) Open raccoon and fox snaring same as trapping opener both items where supported by our district.
Now we are going to talk about the fun time of year convention time. We are having our annual summer get together July 30th-Aug. 1st in Barnum, Minnesota. With the usual demo’s, dealers and auctions and fellowship.

District 4 duties are Gate Duty, Saturday 3:45-7 p.m. and MTA booth Friday 1:45-5 p.m. It would be wonderful if some new faces would help out. Contact Wayne or myself if you are willing to help. Important – Incentives prizes, traps, etc. for people who have bought or sold raffle tickets must attend or have someone pick them up effective this year because of high cost of postage the Board decided this was the most constructive way to do it so please make arrangements or attend.

Also if you are holding a education class please let me know so we can get it on the website.
Last but not least, on June 21st the 2nd Annual D.U. event at Lakeshore Rod and Gun Club is holding a kids event that we participated in last year. We need volunteers to help out, please give me a call 218-851-5989 so I can pass your name on to Don Rasmussen or give him a call 218-534-3244 for info.
Till Next Time. — Buzz

DISTRICT 5 REPORT
Hello everyone,
The MTA will not be mailing out incentive traps effective this year, because of the high cost of shipping. Please either pickup your traps at the convention or have someone get them for you.

I am planning on having a trapper education class again in September. If anyone is interested in attending the class, or helping with the class, please call. The class will most likely be held over two Saturdays. I would like to spend one day on just in-field training and skinning.

We lost a fellow trapper, friend, and very dedicated MTA member, Richard Raeker. I have known Richard for about 10 years, he was a very skilled trapper, and a hard working volunteer for the Minnesota Trappers Association. I went to his Auction in January and bought a few of his traps. When I use those traps I will always think of Rich. It meant a great deal to him to see so many of his trapping friends at his auction. Rich also donated some of his trapping supplies to our last two district 5 meetings. It was good to see past and present board members, and trappers attend his funeral. The church was packed. Rich was well known, and respected in the area, and to many organizations, not just the MTA. He will be missed by many.
Take care. — Pete Jonas

DISTRICT 7 REPORT
Hello fellow trappers. Spring beaver trapping this year was cut short with a lot of high water. Most of my favorite locations were heavily flooded this spring. I did, however, manage to catch a few beaver.

District 7 had a booth at the Tracy Area Sportsman Show and at the Worthington Gun Show. Attendance at both of the shows seemed to be down from previous years. With the smaller crowds, it did affect the sales of the raffle tickets, but on a better note tanned fur sales went really well. I talked to a couple of fire arm safety instructors, who were interested in the tan fur that we had on display. They enjoyed the display and bought some furs to show their students. I would like to thank the District 7 members who helped at both of these shows. Your continued help is always appreciated.

On a sad note, we have lost a valued member of the MTA. Former Treasurer/Secretary Richard Raeker passed away. Richard dedicated well over 20 plus years of continued service and support to the MTA. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family.

The summer trapping convention is fast approaching. This year’s convention will be in Barnum on July 30, 31, and August 1. We have had the convention here before and it is a great location. It has a lot of camping area. The work schedule or District 7 will be Friday, July 30 from 7 am – 12 pm at the front gate and Saturday, July 31 from 8 am – 11 am at the souvenir booth. If you are planning on coming to the convention please try to find some time to help volunteer with these duties.

Hopefully this summer, everyone has been selling their raffle tickets. If you have been selling your tickets and have earned some incentive prizes be sure to pick them up at the convention or make arrangements for someone to pick your prizes up, as the MTA will not ship incentive prizes anymore.

Keep in mind District 7 will be having a fall meeting at Schmitt Enterprises again this year. This will be the same day as his open House. The meeting is being planned for Saturday, August 28. Please be sure to check upcoming reports for more information as not all the details have not been worked out yet. Demos will be going on throughout the day. As more information becomes available, I will try to get the word out to as many as possible. — Leon Windschitl

DISTRICT 8 REPORT

Hello Everyone:
District 8 had their spring meeting March 13 in St. Charles. We had 60 members in attendance and also a couple members from District I. It was nice for me to be able to put some faces to the names of our members. Food was great and I want to thank all who brought their dish to share.

We polled the members on a few items and we will bring the results to the Board. We shared information from the DNR on some rules changes that are in the process, such as an otter season in southern Minnesota, fur season date changes, etc.

The kids/youth under 16 that were in attendance at the meeting made out like “bandits”! They received trapping videos, traps, hats and we also had a youth raffle. We had many that donated to our district for the door prize and our drawings. I would like to thank everyone for their donations and support for District 8. We also had one of the largest raffles from our district in quite some time.

Cumberland Family will be hosting our fall meeting on Sept 18th at 1:00 in Owatonna. I am personally looking forward to this meeting as they put on one heck of a program for us. Also known as trapper appreciation day, this includes guest speakers, demos and lunch.

District 8 will again be at the Steele County Fair this year August 17-22. Any member who plans on attending the fair will be encouraged to stop by the MTA booth. Also anyone that would be willing to help out at the booth, it would be very much appreciated. Bill Ruhland has again agreed to represent us at the booth this year. If you would like to contact him his number is 952-290-0400.

Richard Davis and I will be putting on a Trappers Education Course and Field Day on August 14th – Class Room Training and August 15th – Field Day. Please contact me if you are interested 507-934-9378. The class limit is 25 students.

As you all know we had some flooding this spring and that held up spring beaver trapping. We did get out and managed to get some. But it was about two weeks later than normal. Hope everyone had a good spring beaver season. I caught wind the other day that one of the Districts 8 members has caught over 400 gophers already by May 1 – Great Job!!

A reminder this year you will need to pick up your incentive traps at the convention. We will no longer be mailing them out. Make arrangements to have them picked up if necessary. If need be, I could get them to my place and bring them to Cumberlands in September.

One more reminder, District 8 is hosting the State Summer Convention in Barnum on July 30th – August 1st at the Carlton County Fairgrounds. Please step up and volunteer and help make this a success.
Please keep the Richard Raeker Family in our prayers. He will be missed by many.
Happy trapping, be safe and travel safe. — Brad Wobbrock

District 2 had a meeting on March 27th at Miller Fur Company in Clarksville. There was a good turn out with fur handling demos and how to grade fur. District 2 will be having a trapping clinic on October 23rd and 24th at the Whetstone Conservation Area. On April 3rd Rick Friedrich and I attended the District 8 meeting in Albany. Larry Liebig Carl Rice have a really great district up there and are making some things happen. Our 2011 Fall Rendezvous will be held in District 8. At this time we are working to have it in Chilocothe. That is just about all I have right now. I will have some more information in the Trapper and Predator Caller magazine. Enjoy your spring and summer. — Robbie Page

DISTRICT 6 REPORT
We have held our send organizational meeting for the Fall Rendezvous, and I feel like we got everything done that we needed to. We spent a lot of time looking over and discussing specific use of the grounds as far as meeting areas and the demo area are concerned. Thanks again to those that showed up!

We will finally have Internet access at the Verts Ranch this week, so I’ll be doing a better job at getting Paula information for the web site. Keep an eye out soon as well be posting maps of the Missouri Trapshooter’s grounds, and how to get there.

Finally, if you’d like to help, need information, or want vendor space, please contact me or Robbie Page. We look forward to hearing from you. — Dale Verts, 573-789-5690

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>