President — Tony White, 1318 Soundneck Rd. Elizabeth City, NC 27909; 252-330-2327
Vice President — Neal Jennings, 3037 Shady Grove Ch. Rd. East Bend, NC 27018; 336-699-3947
Secretary — Sharon Underwood, 4488 NC 218, Peachland, NC 28133; 704-272-7876
Membership Secretary — Dan Hunt, 901 Tamaras Cir, Wake Forest, NC 27587; 919-244-9295
Assistant Membership Secretary — Vacant
Treasurer — Joey Smith, 262 Mewborn Church Road, Snow Hill, NC 28580; 919-738-4683
NTA Director — Nelson Pearce, 5612 Hopkins Chapel Rd., Zebulon, NC 27597; (H)919 269 6710; (C) 919 868 5592; firstname.lastname@example.org
General Organizer — David Underwood, 4488 NC 218, Peachland, NC 28133; 704-272-7876
Education Coordinator — Todd Menke, 2663 Tar River Rd., Creedmoor, NC 27522; 919-528-9063;
Newsletter Editor — Josh Biesecker, 307 Bridget Way, Creedmoor, NC 27522; 919-880-4046
Merchandise Coordinator — Darien Huffman, 382 Zimmerman Road, Lexington, NC 27295; 336-775-4778
• Individual membership including subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $25
• Youth membership (under age 16) with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $15
• Lifetime membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $350
• Senior citizens 70 years or older with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $20
• Youth supporter without subscription — $10
• Adult supporter without subscription — $15
• Lifetime supporter without subscription — $100
Complete membership application on first page of association section and send dues to:
NCTA, Membership Secretary
901 Tamaras Cir
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Hello fellow NC trappers, I hope this report finds you doing well in the new year. Trapping season is now in full swing all across our state and I hope that you all are being kept busy in the fur shed.
At our BOD meeting on November 2nd, we discussed a lot of items and here are some of the highlights.
1) Our new general organizer, David Denton has set about the task of revamping our convention and I think that you will be pleased with the changes that are coming. I will give specific details in my next report as we are still nailing down details. I will tell you that we decided to discontinue the black powder and archery contests for safety reasons and low attendance.
This was done after reevaluation of the location showed a lot of traffic on the service road directly behind the shooting range.
2) We discussed setting up a booth once again at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh on Feb. 27, 28, and March 1 and at the Cape Fear Wildlife Expo in Wilmington on March 20 – 22nd. Please stop by and visit with us if you are at either of these events. This kicks off our fund raising for the year and this years raffle will include a Rossi youth model .243/ 20 ga. combo and a Mossberg 20 ga. model 500 slug gun in camo with scope.
3) We also voted to join the U S Sportsman’s Alliance. This is a powerful organization that helps fight for sportsmen’s rights across the country. They recently Helped sportsmen in Maine defeat the HSUS in their bid to outlaw bear hunting. It makes good sense to support these folks as at some point, we are going to need their help.
4) Our next Advanced Trappers School will be held May 15-17th at Millstone 4 H Camp at Ellerbee, NC. The cost is $ 300.00 and that covers food and lodging for 3 days. Checks can be made out to Todd Menke
2663 Tar River Rd.
Creedmoor, NC 27522
Well, I’ll close for now and wish you all a happy New Year. Please remember to take a youngster with you on your outdoor adventures, it will be time well spent. — Tony W. White