President — Rick Tischaefer, P.O. Box 334, Butte, ND 58723-0334; 701-626-7150; email@example.com
Vice President — Marty Beard, 9101 119th St. SE, Bismarck, ND 58504; 701-224-0878
Secretary — Jeremy Duckwitz, P.O. Box 465, Hazelton, ND 58544; 701-674-3535; firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer — Linda Penry, 3235 Crested Drive N., Mandan, ND 58554; 701-667-9380; email@example.com
Fur Harvester Education Program Coordinator — Rick Tischaefer, P.O. Box 334,Butte, ND 58723-0334; 701-626-7150; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Junior (14 and under) membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $12
• Adult membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $20
• Family membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $20
• Lifetime with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $250
• Lifetime (62 and over) with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $150
Complete membership application on first page of the association news section and send dues to:
3235 Crested Dr. N., Mandan, ND 58554
Greetings everyone! Just a few items for you this month.
1. RAFFLE TICKET ALERT – please get the stubs and money to Phil as soon as possible. The drawing is July 31st!
2. RENDEZVOUS ALERT – The rendezvous will be Saturday, August 24th at the Rheinhart Hunting Lodge just outside of McVille in Nelson County. You can show up Friday evening if you like – there are spots for primitive camping and its first come, first serve. There are some bunk style beds on the lodge – contact Ron Gore (543-3855) for a reservation. Area motels include The Prairieview Lodge in McVille (296-4411); and The Lodge in Pekin (322-2020). Demonstrations and activities will begin about 8:30 AM and go until around 4 PM. There will be trapping, skinning, lure making, and cable device demonstrations throughout the day; lunch and auction around noon; and marksmanship training and a shooting competition in the afternoon. Lunch will be served right there – the auction will be awesome entertainment (please solicit donations and bring them along) – there will be a small arms range for those who’d like to shoot .22’s (we’ll provide the ammo for the young folks) – and a shooting competition for center fires, so bring your coyote rifle. There is always plenty to do to make our events successful – if you’d like to help out, give Ron a call at 543-3855. There are more rendezvous details in the upcoming issue of the Dakota Skinner and on the website at www.ndfhta.com. Hope to see you there!
3. The state fair is approaching fast (July 19 -27). We always need help at the trapping exhibit in the NDGFD Conservation Park. If you have volunteered in the past, you should have already received your orange postcard. If you have not, you can contact the NDGFD Outdoor Education office through 328-6352.
Remember to keep your membership current so you stay informed. Until next time, take care and be safe. Catch ‘ya. — Rick