President — Rick Tischaefer, P.O. Box 334, Butte, ND 58723-0334; phone: 701-626-7150; e-mail: email@example.com
Vice President — Marty Beard, 9101 119th St. SE, Bismarck, ND 58504; phone: 701-224-0878
Secretary — Jeremy Duckwitz, P.O. Box 465, Hazelton, ND 58544; phone: 701-674-3535;
Treasurer — Linda Penry, 3235 Crested Drive N., Mandan, ND 58554; phone: 701-667-9380;
Fur Harvester Education Program Coordinator — Rick Tischaefer, P.O. Box 334,Butte, ND 58723-0334; phone: 701-626-7150; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Junior (14 and under) membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $12
• Adult membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $20
• Family membership with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $20
• Lifetime with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $250
• Lifetime (62 and over) with subscription to Trapper & Predator Caller — $150
Complete membership application on first page of the association news section and send dues to:
3235 Crested Dr. N., Mandan, ND 58554
Welcome to the best time of the year! Some things to keep in mind as the trapping seasons approach –
• Remember to have your written permission and have it with you;
• Keep your sets away from domestic animal or human contact;
• Save time by marking your trails, runs, and set locations while out hunting or scouting;
• Run your line in both directions – you’d be surprised at what you miss when working from only one direction;
• Check and re-check your traps and equipment so it’s serviceable and in top condition;
• Animal welfare deserves the highest priority – use the appropriate equipment and be timely with your trap checks;
• Work with your wildlife and fisheries managers, conservation wardens, and report violations.
The gage of a professional trapper is not who traps the most or who has been trapping the longest. A professional trapper is a trapper who obeys the laws, shares their knowledge, continues to improve themselves through education, and serves to promote the activity by being responsible and ethical. Lets all be professional – our future depends on it!
Until next time, enjoy and be thankful for all that God provides! Catch ‘ya.
— Rick Tischaefer