President — Gene Gagstatter, 565 French Mill Rd., Dandrige, TN 37725; phone: 865-621-8114
Vice President — James Lord; phone: 731-614-2531 or 731-968-7581; e-mail: email@example.com
Secretary — Lora Daniel, 13740 Birchwood Pike, Birchwood, TN 37308; phone: 423-595-0486
Membership Secretary/Treasurer — Nancy Rogers, 235 Burke Lane, Dayton, TN 37321; phone: 423-570-8467; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
State Organizer — Tei Gagstatter, 565 French Mill Rd., Dandrige, TN 37725; phone: 865-621-8114
FTA Director — Bob Beckwith, 156 Brush Wood Dr., Sparta, TN 38583; phone: 931-935-5602
Legislative Director — Doug McKenzie, P.O. Box 284, Madisonville, TN 37354
NTA Director — John Daniel, 13740 Birchwood Pike, Birchwood, TN 37308; phone: 423-595-0986; e-mail: email@example.com
Please send all correspondence to:
565 French Mill Rd.
Dandridge Tn. 37725
This is to keep all records organized.
• Individual membership including subscription to The Trapper & Predator Caller — $22
• Junior membership with subscription to The Trapper & Predator Caller — $12
• Lifetime membership with subscription to The Trapper & Predator Caller — $250
• Senior lifetime membership (70 or older) with subscription to The Trapper & Predator Caller — $100
Complete membership application on first page of association section and send dues to:
TFHA, Membership Secretary/Treasurer
2911 Tazewell Pike Suite 196, Knoxville, TN 37918 phone: 865-385-4100
The days arwe ticking down too our Fall Meeting and 30th Anniversary at Falls Creek Falls. We’re hoping to see all of you there. Remember, this is an election year and you should all vote. You can send in your ballots in the envelope provided or you may bring them to FCF and put them in the ballot box BEFORE NOON on Saturday.
If you get a chance, check out the TWRA Web site. Trapping season has been extended by two weeks; it will end on Feb. 28. A huge thanks to TWRA. Also this will be the second year for the majority of E. Tn to use snares.PLEASE FOLLOW CLOSELY ALL OF THE REGULATIONS. Remember how hard you worked to obtain this.
— Gene Gagstatter
STATE ORGANIZER’S REPORT
Hello TFHA Family,
The remainder of this year is looking very fun and very busy. Below is the schedule for upcoming events. Please, if you have any questions pertaining to these events, feel free to call any of the contact people listed. As always, they are more than willing to help with any info you may require.
– Middle Tn. Trapper Training Camp (free to the public) Sept. 4-6 Starting at 6 p.m. friday until noon on Sunday. Location: Cedar Rock Hunting Preserve; 1326 Warner Bridge Rd. For info call Jerry Bowman at 931-580-0846
– Falls Creek Falls Sept. 18-20 30th Anniversary & Election
– Muddy Pond Trapper Training Camp Oct.10. For info please call Mark Smith at 931-261-8727. This event was a huge success last year. Please if you can possibly attend you should. It is guaranteed great fun.
– Fur Handling: Nov. 14, For info call Joe Hawkins at 865-660-0279. If you have ever had any question about fur handling you should attend this exciting and informative day. Please bring a clean catch of any type you want to learn from. Also bring your skinning equipment and a chair. Directions: I-40 to exit 355. At bottom of ramp go north for for 2 miles. Lower Gallaher rd is on right.
At the time of this writing, it’s eight days until the Dist.5 meeting at Alan and Nancy Rogers Farm. I know they have been working very hard to make this a great day for all who attend. I hope all who read this have a chance to attend and show support.
Dear TFHA Family,
I come to you today with deep sorrow and regret to announce that I am resigning my position as State Organizer of the Tn. Fur Harvester Assoc.. My Time with TFHA has been such a blessing. The friends I have met and come to love are so very dear to me. It is my prayer that each of you know the depth of friendship that I hold you in.
However, I have found it impossible to do my duty to the best of my ability and with my honor in tact in the circumstances that I have been subjected to.
My heart will forever beat with trappers’ blood, as my heart races at the sight of a coyote, asleep with the morning frost in its back in one of my traps. I wish only the best for each of you in the time to come. My prayer for all of you is that you follow your heart until contentment fills you.
MAY GOD BLESS & KEEP YOU ALWAYS.
— Tei Gagstatter